It’s been far too long since I’ve posted a delicious muffin recipe! So without further ado here are TWO amazing ways to make these super moist, protein packed, anti-inflammatory Sweet potato turmeric protein muffins! Made with organic, whole food ingredients that are bound to keep you fuelled throughout the day. Did I mention they are grain free, and refined sugar-free?! HELL YES! And with the option of making them vegan using “chia eggs” these guys are perfect for anyone looking for a nutritious breakfast or satisfying anytime snack for the week ahead. Now let me take you to muffin heaven 🙂
So I’ve been obsessed with turmeric lately more than ever…. turmeric and sweet potatoes. The stains on my new shirt though, not to obsessed with those…
I honestly don’t know what it is but I would choose a plate of sweet potatoes over dessert anyday! They are just sooo satisfying and accompany literally any meal, any time of day! Its that nutty, sweet, creamy taste whether they are roasted, mashed or baked that makes them so highly addictive.
– BONUS – This humble root has numerous health benefits as Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus. They are also known to actually help people lose weight! I love adding sweet potato to a soup, stew or casserole to thicken it naturally without adding high-fat creams or in this context to add healthy carbs and protein to the muffin batter, making them super moist and delicious!
As an avid and dedicated athletic 30 year old woman I truly believe working out & exercising is the key to a healthy, more youthful body, inside and out. With that said I am constantly trying to find ways to incorporate more heathy fats and carbs into my day to day meals and snacks, keeping my mind and body fuelled for the day ahead.
For example, if I find a recipe online that isn’t 100% healthy and uses processed ingredients such as butter, sugar and white flour I know I can easily swap them out for coconut oil, natural sweeteners such as maple syrup & honey and gluten-free flour or flour made directly from nuts/legumes or sprouted grains.
Here are a few examples of the ingredients I’ve chosen to use for this recipe.
- Trader Joe’s Aluminum free and double acting Baking Powder
- Trader Joe’s extra fine blanched whole Almond flour
- and 365 Everyday organic Turmeric
Here are some great ways to use turmeric:
- Blended into a smoothie for a bit of bite and a brilliant golden color
- Grated into Greek yogurt for a fabulous dipping sauce
- Stirred into rice or lentil dishes, or better yet, added before cooking to give everything a yellow tinge
- Rub onto meats or fish before grilling
- Whisk into homemade salad dressings like my “Creamy Tahini Dressing“
- Made into a paste for the start of the warming drink known as Golden Milk
Next up we have the star of the show….
Organic Peanut Butter … HI!
Some of you may be confused as I haven’t officially announced that I am now 100% allergy free of any Nuts! I know it seems weird however after over 6 years of being diagnosed with a nut allergy I was re-tested and have grown out of the phase… somehow. Don’t you worry Sunbutter your still my fav!!!
Because honestly what is a muffin without being sliced in half and slathered with nut butter….. I told you I would be taking you to muffin heaven!
You have now arrived!
Lastly, I want to do a huge shoutout to Nuzest who has just recently hired me to become an ambassador of there company! Click on this link to receive a FREE SAMPLE today! Also get free shipping! when you sign up for there newsletter and they’ll send you a coupon code for free shipping* on your first order!* US and Canada Only.
And be sure to use coupon code “thenaturallynatalie” upon checkout for your 15% discount!
Clean Lean Protein is the world’s best source of vegetable protein. All natural and free from common allergens, it’s 100% vegetable, yet has all the potency (and then some) of other proteins – without the fillers, artificial flavors and other additives.
Sourced from European Golden Peas, Clean Lean Protein has up to 90% protein content, is low in carbohydrates and easy to digest, so you can enjoy it daily. Super-charged with all the essential amino acids your body needs and a pH of 7.8 (alkaline), Clean Lean Protein is the ultimate supplement for those who lead healthy lifestyles and are discerning about what they put in their body.
Now you can all breath a sigh of relief as you add these muffins to your meal plan for this coming week’s breakfast or snack time! I gotcha covered 😉
(gluten-free) (dairy-free) *vegan – option*
Nutritional Value for MINI muffins